Purpose of Position: The Code Welder is responsible for cutting, fitting and welding metal materials and assuring that company standards, national codes and customers’ specifications are met.
Essential Job Specific Duties:
- Performs successfully all responsibilities of the Code Welder position, maintaining a minimum of 3 weld certifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints with detailed drawings and dimension styles.
- Prepares weld surfaces as required.
- Sets up, positions and operates hand and power tools such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Determines welder settings required on project.
- Verifies final weld penetration and aesthetics.
- Welds prep and fit-up of steel parts.
- Welds according to all appropriate codes and procedures.
- Uses basic measuring skills to convert English and Metric systems.
- Uses basic math skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions as needed.
- Monitors quality of weld using appropriate tools and measuring devices.
- Checks welding process to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material.
- Performs grinding, gouging, chipping operating a grinder, cutting torch, etc.
- Operates forklift, as needed, according to safe operating procedures.
- Performs all functions safely and follows all safety standards and procedures.
Essential Associate Job Duties:
- Improves him/herself in any way possible to enhance job performance
- Understands and promotes the ISO 9001/2015 culture ensuring that every function and operation happens with high quality.
- Promotes C4 Welding, it’s mission, philosophies, values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Functions as a team member by assisting supporting and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly. The employee adheres to all company policies.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma plus technical college, preferred
- 1 Year of related experience preferred
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.