Purpose of Position: The Material Handler is responsible for delivering materials and supplies to all work stations to assure uninterrupted production
Essential Job Specific Duties:
1. Knows and follows all safety standards, policies and procedures.
2. Receives direction from the Materials Manager at the beginning of the shift as to the status of work in process.
3. Communicates with the Material Handler from the previous shift as to the status of jobs in process.
4. Monitors continuously work stations to determine need for additional materials and supplies.
5. Follows pick lists and material identifications to select materials to be moved.
6. Operates forklifts, cranes and pallet jacks to move product in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Moves materials and supplies from warehouse to workstations.
8. Performs cycle counts and makes adjustments in the system.
9. Assists in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
10. Assures that all work stations have needed materials and supplies to prevent production stoppages.
11. Identifies and checks materials requiring chemical certification per procedure.
12. Checks incoming materials to verify that they meet code requirements.
13. Documents all heat numbers that are used on projects and submits them to Quality Control.
14. Scans mill certifications into computer system for traceability.
15. Assures that all materials and supplies are in the appropriate location in the warehouse.
16. Maintains all work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
17. Cross train with shipping and materials to fill in as needed.
18. Assist with deliveries and pick-up of parts and materials.
Essential Associate Job Duties:
1. Improves him/herself in any way possible to enhance job performance
2. Understands and promotes the ISO 9001/2015 culture ensuring that every function and operation happens with high quality.
3. Promotes C4 Welding, it’s mission, philosophies, values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees
4. Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
5. Functions as a team member by assisting supporting and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
6. Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly. The employee adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 month experience preferred
View Full Job Description Here