The Quality Control/NDT Inspector is responsible for performing inspections utilizing various NDT techniques in PT, MT and Level III UT methods in accordance with the company and customer specifications. The Inspector will develop and maintain processes to ensure all operations staff is complying with regulations. The Inspector must be able to effectively communicate all inspection reports to C4 Welding and the Customer throughout the project.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Comply with all company and industry safety standards
- Maintains certification in Level III NDT Methods PT, MT and UT. Conducts training and administers testing of personnel for NDT certification. Creates and modifies procedures for destructive and NDT methods.
- Maintains and improves product quality by investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Inspect raw materials, welds, and finished products throughout the manufacturing process.
- Prepares quality and NDT documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Using process mapping techniques, cause and effect charts, brainstorming and process improvement methodology is essential to reducing waste and being effective in the quality role. Ability to use good judgment where quality and compliance is concerned.
- Assist with Maintaining and updating pertinent manuals i.e., Quality Assurance Manual, ASME QC Manual, etc. in accordance with required specifications.
- Works with the Purchasing Supervisor to maintain all required supplies and equipment
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Provides and coordinates required on the job training hours. Assist in the certification of NDT for Level I and Level II inspectors.
- As needed, provides information relevant to quoting process by estimating cost and delivery of critical items as required by commercial specifications.
- Works with Engineering to ensure that job travelers and manufacturing processes includes the required inspection and/or hold points needed to comply with customer or specification requirements.
- Completes calibration of measuring, test, and welding equipment.
Essential Associate Job Duties:
- Improves him/herself in any way possible to enhance job performance
- Understands and promotes the ISO 9001/2015 culture ensuring that every function and operation happens with high quality.
- Promotes C4 Welding, it’s mission, philosophies, values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Functions as a team member by assisting supporting and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly. The employee adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality Inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Current NDT certifications in UT, PT, and MT
- Familiarity with appropriate codes and regulations for AWS and ASME
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of inspection and measuring tools and equipment.
- Working knowledge of welding, machining and metal fabrication is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and ERP systems.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail orientation to achieve a high degree of accuracy of technical information.
- Problem solver.
- Team builder (collaborative and encouraging)