Purpose of Position: The Lead Maintenance Technician position is responsible for efficiently coordinating the maintenance resources at C4 Welding, Inc., working closely with Operations to build a collaborative culture and building a strong well-rounded maintenance team. This position is responsible for planning, scheduling and executing internal maintenance work, increasing technical uptime and improving OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) in concordance with HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) requirements. The technician is also responsible for implementing small technical projects and the preventive and repair maintenance on the plant and all machinery.
Essential Job Specific Duties:
- Knows and follows all safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains maintenance shop in a clean, orderly fashion.
- Maintains and controls an inventory of hand and power tools.
- Recommends and requisitions supplies, equipment, and repairs necessary for the care and improvement of buildings and equipment.
- Maintains an inventory of necessary repair parts
- Advises Director of Weld Operations and the Director of Machining Operations of minor and major maintenance needs (short and long term planning) for buildings and equipment.
- Prioritizes repair work and assigns appropriate individuals to the jobs.
- Participates in and conducts repairs e.g. replace motors, hydraulics, etc.
- Maintains preventive maintenance schedules on all equipment in a timely fashion.
- Participates in and conducts preventive maintenance.
- Coordinates the installation or removal of equipment.
- Recommends projects and tasks to be completed by outside contractors, works with contractors and monitors the contractors’ work.
Essential Associate Job Duties:
- Improves him/herself in any way possible to enhance job performance
- Understands and promotes the ISO 9001/2015 culture ensuring that every function and operation happens with high quality.
- Promotes C4 Welding, it’s mission, philosophies, values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Functions as a team member by assisting supporting and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly. The employee adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma plus technical college preferred
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience in both Mechanical and Electrical