Purpose of Position: Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for a manufacturer of a wide variety of custom critical welded products serving markets such as military, oil exploration and nuclear. Responsible for training new Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians. First point of contact in the Engineering Department to ensure Operations is receiving the support they need to accomplish production goals.
Essential Job Specific Duties:
- First point of contact in the Engineering Department for ensuring that all operational needs are met.
- Provide support for project quoting efforts which includes shop labor hours, materials, tooling requirements and coordinating quotes from outside suppliers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements for quoting efforts.
- Collaborate with shop operations on tool design and manufacturing processes.
- Interface with customer for any clarification of project requirements.
- Produce manufacturing, tooling and process drawings utilizing CAD systems.
- Consult with suppliers regarding the services they are providing. Ensure that they understand their task, and provide the expected quality on time and within budget.
- Develop manufacturing procedures for new projects.
- Investigate and propose new manufacturing technologies and techniques.
- Participate in team environment.
- Assist manufacturing in the LEAN Transformation. This is carried out by including LEAN thinking in writing manufacturing procedures, tooling concepts and other avenues where LEAN can be applied.
- Perform other tasks, which may be required to meet company needs.
Essential Associate Job Duties:
- Improves him/herself in any way possible to enhance job performance
- Understands and promotes the ISO 9001/2015 culture ensuring that every function and operation happens with high quality.
- Promotes C4 Welding, it’s mission, philosophies, values, programs and achievements to the public and other employees
- Identifies organizational problems and opportunities for improvement and brings solutions and suggestions to management’s attention.
- Functions as a team member by assisting supporting and encouraging other employees in any way possible.
- Performs related work as required, willingly and eagerly. The employee adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Manufacturing Engineering with 3-5 years’ experience in a custom fabrication environment, welding environment preferred.
- Good working knowledge of welding, machining, rolling, forming, and shape cutting practices.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with minimal supervision.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, ERP systems, and CAD software.
- Good understanding of the applications of LEAN Concepts in a job shop environment.
- Familiar with welding related specifications such as ASME, AWS and military.
Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills to handle small diverse job shop environment, which requires communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Project Management skills
- Team player
- Can Do attitude
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.